|Start from :||Ends at :||Valid from||Valid till||Duration||Price Onwards|
|Srinagar||Srinagar||01-Mar-2013||30-Sep-2013||5 Nights /
Highlights of the tour
Welcome to a fabled wonderland called Kashmir. Snow-capped mountains, sunny gardens, luxurious houseboats, picturesque mountain lakes… Indeed, if there is a paradise on earth, it is this. This dream package uses Srinagar as a base and from here you will be taken on full-day excursions to the enchanting resorts of Sonamarg, Gulmarg and Pahalgam.
Day 1: Srinagar
On arrival in Srinagar, our representative will greet and meet you at the airport / bus station and arrange for your transfer to a hotel / houseboat. The rest of the day is yours to explore the lake city, often referred to as the Venice of Asia, at your own pace (and expense). Overnight in Srinagar.
Day 2: Srinagar – Sonmarg – Srinagar
After breakfast, set-off on a full-day excursion of Sonmarg, known locally as the Meadow of Gold (2,690 m or 9,000 ft). The scenic drive through nature’s enchanted wonderland is punctuated with a number of photo stops along the way. Sonamarg valley which lies in the foothills of Zojila is surrounded by towering mountains (up to 5,300 m high). Baltal, the base camp for the Amarnath piligrimage lies 15 km to the north. Once in Sonmarg, go for horse riding to Thajiwas Glacier (at your own expense). Sonmarg is also the gateway to Ladakh. Return to Srinagar in the evening and overnight here.
Day 03: Srinagar local Sightseeing
After breakfast, set-off on a sightseeing tour of Srinagar. This tour takes in the Shankaracharya Temple and Takht-e-Suleiman; two elevated sites that have a panoramic view of the valley. You will also get to stroll through the world famous Mughal Gardens of Nishat Bagh (The Garden of Pleasure) and Shalimar Bagh (Abode of love). Yes, these gardens were the Mughal Emperor’s interpretation of paradise on earth. This evening opt (at your own expense) for a romantic shikara ride on Dal Lake. Overnight in Srinagar.
Day 4: Srinagar – Gulmarg – Srinagar
After breakfast, go on a full-day tour of Gulmarg (2,550 m or 8,750ft), one of the most beautiful all-season resorts in the valley. Play a round of golf on the highest golf course in the world (in summer) or ski down its slopes (in winter) or just lie back and absorb the splendors of nature and the snowy mountains. Embark on a Gondola (cable car) ride from Gulmarg to Khalinmarg (at your own expense). Return to Srinagar in the evening and spend overnight here.
Day 5: Srinagar – Pahalgam – Srinagar
After breakfast, drive to Pahalgam (2,440 m or 7,200 ft), stopping along the way for photo stops against varied backdrops such as saffron fields, Avantipur ruins (9th century), the Martand Sun temple and the Anantnag sulphur springs. Upon arrival, you will visit scenic spots that have shot to fame after serving as backdrops to numerous Bollywood and regional Indian movies. Later you may visit Baisaran view point and Aru village or relax by the river; chill out in the shade of mysterious pine forests; maybe even go trekking or take a short pony ride into the surrounding mountains. Incidentally, Pahalgam is the base camp for the Amarnath pilgrimage. Return to Srinagar in the evening and spend overnight here.
Day 6: Srinagar Departure
Type of Hotels
Package Prices Per Person (for Indian Nationals)
* Mentioned package cost is net and non-commissionable to you.
* Above rates are not valid during Diwali, Christmas and New Year. Peak season surcharge will be applicable as per the individual hotel policy.
What is included in this price?
- Accommodation for 5 nights / 6 days on double / twin sharing basis.
- Daily fixed menu / buffet breakfast and dinner.
- Exclusive Non a/c vehicle for transfers and sightseeing. Vehicle will not be at disposal, but will be available as per the itinerary only.
- Shikara Ride on Dal Lake.
- Hotel luxury taxes as applicable.
- Airfare / train fare.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, tips, liquor, boating & joy rides.
- Any other item not mentioned in “Cost Includes”.
- Any usages of vehicle not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Guide or entrance fees.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, road blocks, etc. (to be borne by the clients directly on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel leading to an increase in surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Government Service Tax @ 3.09%
- Prices are based on a minimum of 2 adults traveling together.
- Prices are based on Standard Rooms.
- Surcharge is applicable for a passenger traveling alone.
- ‘Child Rate’ applies to children, between the ages of 2 to 12 years.
- Prices for Non Indian Nationals are available on request.
- These rates are not applicable during any Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Trade-fairs and High Season.
- All bookings and confirmations are subject to availability.
- Amendment charges, cancellation charges will be applicable as per our terms & conditions.
- Any increase in the hotel tariffs, fuel charges or taxes, which may come into effect prior to the departure, will lead to an increase in the tour price. Any difference in the price will be payable by the client.
- There will be no refund on unused service.
- The hotel names are given for guideline purpose. The confirmation could be in the same or an alternate hotel in a similar category, subject to availability.
- Rates are subject to change, without prior notice.
- All booking terms & conditions of majesticholidays.in will apply.