|Start from :||Ends at :||Valid from||Valid till||Duration||Price Onwards|
|Kochi||Kochi||01-Mar-2013||30-Sep-2013||4 Nights /
Highlights of the tour
Sandwiched between the tall mountains and deep blue sea, is the South-Western State of Kerala. It is a State, blessed with a long shoreline and serene beaches, emerald backwaters, lushgreen hill stations, aromatic plantations, abundant wildlife, waterfalls, history, culture, monuments, exotic cuisine… No wonder, it is called – ‘God’s Own Country’.
Day 1: Arrive in Kochi and drive to Munnar (150 km / approx. 4 hours drive)
Arrive in Kochi and proceed on a picturesque drive through the countryside of Munnar, a popular hillstation known for lushgreen tea estates. Munnar – a haven of peace and tranquility – the idyllic tourist destination, is set at an altitude of 6000 ft in Idukki district. It was the favored summer resort of the erstwhile British rulers in the colonial days. On arrival, check-in to the hotel.
Day 2: In Munnar
Enjoy visiting sections of Old Munnar, which include the charming old Christ Church. Thereafter, visit Mattupetty Lake, created by the small hydro-electricity dam and flanked by steep hills and woods. In the afternoon, be at leisure to enjoy the charming weather and beauty of this beautiful hill station.
Day 3: Drive to Thekkady (Periyar) (130 km / approx 4 hours drive)
This morning, you drive into the heart of the spice hills in Thekkady of Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. Rest of the afternoon is free to enjoy a walk through the bustling spice market of Kumily village in Thekkady or you have the option of taking a boat cruise on Lake Periyar, which is the best way to locate wildlife in Periyar Sanctuary (on direct payment basis).
Day 4: Drive to Alleppey (146 km / 4 hours drive)
Day 5: Alleppey to Kochi
Type of Hotels
Package Prices Per Person (for Indian Nationals)
* Mentioned package cost is net and non-commissionable to you.
* Above rates are not valid during Diwali, Christmas and New Year. Peak season surcharge will be applicable as per the individual hotel policy
What is included in this price?
- Accommodation for 4 nights / 5 days on twin / double sharing basis.
- Daily fixed menu / buffet breakfast.
- All meals at A/C House Boat.
- Non A/C car as per tour itinerary.
- Toll parking, inter-state tax and driver allowance.
- All applicable taxes.
- Any airfare / train fare.
- Any other item not mentioned in “cost includes”.
- Additional sightseeing or usage of vehicle not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Guide or Entrance Fees to monuments, museum, etc.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, tips, liquor, boating & joy rides.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks, etc. (to be borne by the clients directly on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel, leading to an increase in surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Government Service Tax @ 3.09%
- Prices are based on a minimum of 2 adults traveling together.
- Prices are based on Standard Rooms.
- Surcharge is applicable for a passenger traveling alone.
- ‘Child Rate’ applies to children, between the ages of 2 to 12 years.
- Prices for Non Indian Nationals are available on request.
- These rates are not applicable during any Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Trade-fairs and High Season.
- All bookings and confirmations are subject to availability.
- Amendment charges, cancellation charges will be applicable as per our terms & conditions.
- Any increase in the hotel tariffs, fuel charges or taxes, which may come into effect prior to the departure, will lead to an increase in the tour price. Any difference in the price will be payable by the client.
- There will be no refund on unused service.
- The hotel names are given for guideline purpose. The confirmation could be in the same or an alternate hotel in a similar category, subject to availability.
- Rates are subject to change, without prior notice.
- All booking terms & conditions of majesticholidays.in will apply.